Day 1 (4/18/18)
Today we built our frame, which we almost finished, we also soldered the circuit board. We had to measure everything correctly
Day 2 (4/23/18)
Today we finished the frame, we assembled the propellers, and soldered, we are not finished soldering but are getting close. The entire frame is put together with the propellers attached. We had a small issue with getting the caps off the bilge pumps.
Day 3 (4/24/18)
Today we finished soldering the circuit board. We made the teather management cross.
Day 4 (4/27/18)
Today we finished the teather management and started more soldering. We had to match the wires to the specific motor, we had to label each wire.
Day 5 (5/1/18)
Today was a dive day , we were not able to put it in the water because it was not finished. We worked on soldering and brought a go pro.
Day 6 (5/2/18)
Today we worked on waterproofing our drone and we finished soldering. We also attached heat shrink to the wires. Our fuse boxes both broke, so we need new ones. We need to fix the the wiring to the control.
Day 7 (5/4/18)
Today we figured out what was wrong with our drone. First both fuse boxes explode, then when we opened up the control box the part of the circuit board was fried. So we had to get a new one, we are figuring out which wires connects to which motor. We have to re-solder and reconnect the circuit board and the wires. We finished re-soldering one motor.
Day 8 (5-7-18)
Today we worked on soldering a motor. We got all three motors to work, but there were difficulties, we had to figure out which wire connected to which. Some stuff was wrong with our soldering. We are close to getting it in the water. We just need to heat shrink.
Day 9 (5/8/18)
Today we tested it in the water, every motor works, but our propellers fell off. We are working on fixing the problems. Most of our problems are with the circuit board and giving it space to work.
Day 10 (5/10/18)
Today we tested our drone in the water, one of our motors stopped working and we had to fix buoyancy issues, the drone would tilt to one side. We fixed this issue by covering the hole and adding floaties to the top.